Well yes. After all, the Empire spread around the world. And even without
that, the UK (England?) was part of the world, in many ways  not only
trading..

From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Peter B Freshwater MA, DipLib, FSA Scot
Sent: 25 February 2013 09:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Alternative History Curriculum

In Britain, 'Asian' has come to mean 'South Asian'.  In America, 'Asian' has
come to mean what Britain calls 'East Asian'.  In Australia, 'Asian' has
come to mean what Britain calls 'South East and East Asian'.  Since 'Asian'
is the highest common factor (there - that dates my mathematics education,
doesn't it?), perhaps we ought to ensure that it covers the people from
everywhere between the Mediterranean Sea and the Pacific Ocean.

Peter

Peter B Freshwater MA, DipLib, FSA Scot
Email: [log in to unmask]