Dear colleagues in Computational Intelligence

The "German Traffic Sign Detection" Competition has started!

Results will be presented at IJCNN'13 in Dallas Texas, and FREE REGISTRATION prizes are to be won!

************************
Competition Design
************************
The "German Traffic Sign Detection Benchmark" is a multi-class detection problem in natural images. We do cordially invite you to participate. Our benchmark has the following properties:

* single-image detection problem
* images with zero to four relevant objects
* 900 images (divided in 600 training and 300 evaluation images)
* division in three categories
* industry-relevant application: traffic sign detection

The first competition information was released on December 1, 2012, when the preliminary training data was published. Interested teams are invited to download the training dataset and develop their algorithms based thereon. In February there will be a submission phase where teams are invited to upload their results on a new unannotated test dataset. It will then be possible to immediately compare all competing algorithms via our website.

The official URL to the benchmark is:
http://benchmark.ini.rub.de/?section=gtsdb&subsection=news

************************
Conference Sessions
************************
Competition results will be presented at the 2013 IJCNN, the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, held August 4-9 2013 in Dallas, Texas, USA. IJCNN 2013 is organized by the International Neural Network Society (INNS), and sponsored jointly by INNS and the IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, and is the premier international conference in the area of neural networks.

The winners of the competition will receive FREE conferece registrations. Please also note, that the paper submission system for IJCNN'13 is still open until March 1st 2013 (please visit www.ijcnn2013.org for details)!

Please spread the word about it by forwarding this email to everyone who is interested.

Contact
Please feel free to contact Sebastian Houben with whatever questions or problems that might occur:

Bets of luck!

The competition Organisers
Sebastian Houben, Johannes Stallkamp, Marc Schlipsing, Jan Salmen, Christian Igel