Bharat
We have an SOP tat is based on the guidance given by the College
(http://www.rcpath.org/NR/rdonlyres/29955224-DDCA-461E-BD7B-9A69A7DB21AB
/0/g025_outofhoursreporting_nov10.pdf)

The BMS staff will contact the clinical biochemist or chemical
pathologist on-call and then we will contact the out of hours GP
Service. We give the results to them if the patient has been seen by
their GP. This generally works well and patients are often admitted to
hospital by the OOH service if warranted.

With results from patients seen in OPD we try to contact someone from
the team on call in the hospital but often we have to fall back on the
OOH GP service who normally respond positively. There are not many of
these, in fact it must be more than a year since I have had such a
scenario.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Ian