Hi Danny,

I know of this reference but it's fairly obscure:
Leach, B. Foss, and Atholl J. Anderson. "Prehistoric exploitation of
crayfish in New Zealand." *Birds of a feather. Osteological and
archaeological papers from the South Pacific in honour of RJ Scarlett.(New
Zealand Archaeological Association Monograph 11)* (1979): 141-164.

Possibly Foss or Atholl would be able to pass on a copy directly.

Best,
Kat.

Dr. Katherine Szabó
QEII Research Fellow