From: Noel Amano <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 17 January 2013, 3:01
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Fluvial accumulation of microvertebrate remains

Dear ZOOARCHers

I’m on a hunt for references on the taphonomy (dispersal, body part rep, etc.) of fluvially accumulated microvertebrate (mostly murids and chiropterans) remains. I’m currently studying a Late Pleistocene/Early Holocene bone assemblage from a cave in the Philippines and a specific stratigraphic unit yielded numerous microvertebrate bones (50 kg of sediments yielded more than 10000 bone fragments) with strong evidence of water abrasion/polishing. Majority of the references that I have focuses on large/medium-sized mammals and I am wondering if you guys know of any papers that deal with microvertebrates.

Thank you very much

Noel Amano
Research Associate
Archaeological Studies Program