See also:

Darwent, Christyann M., and R. Lee Lyman
2002	Detecting the post-burial fragmentation of carpals, tarsals, and
phalanges. In Advances in Forensic Taphonomy. W. D. Haglund and M. H.
Sorg, eds. Pp. 355-377. Boca Raton: CRC Press.

Horwitz, Liora R. K.
1990	The origin of partially digested bones recovered from archaeological
contexts in Israel. Paléorient 16(1):97-106.

Jourdan, Lucien, and Jean-François Le Mouel
1987	Découpe de phoque: Partage entre l'Homme et l'Animal. In La Découpe
et le Partage du Corps à travers le Temps et L'Espace. J.-D. Vigne, ed.
Pp. 31-38. Anthropozoologica. Paris: Éditions du Centre National de la
Recherche Scientifique.

Munson, Patrick J., and Rexford C. Garniewicz
2003	Age-mediated survivorship of ungulate mandibles and teeth in
canid-ravaged faunal assemblages. Journal of Archaeological Science
30(4):405-416.

Solomon, Su, and Bruno David
1990	Middle range theory and actualistic studies: Bones and dingoes in
Australian archaeology. In Problem Solving in Taphonomy: Archaeological
and Palaeontological Studies from Europe, Africa and Oceania. S. Solomon,
I. Davidson, and D. Watson, eds. Pp. 233-255. Tempus. St. Lucia:
University of Queensland Anthropology Museum.

And for wolf:
Barja, Isabel, and Eduardo Corona M.
2007	El análisis de excretas desde la etología y la arqueozoología: El
caso del lobo ibérico. In Human and Faunal Relationships Reviewed: An
Archaeozoological Approach. E. Corona M. and J. Arroyo-Cabrales, eds. Pp.
113-121. British Archaeological Reports, International Series. Oxford:
Archaeopress.

Esteban Nadal, Montserrat
2012	Can Archaeozoology and Taphonomy contribute to knowledge of the
feeding habits of the Iberian wolf? Journal of Archaeological Science
39(10):3208-3216.

Esteban Nadal, Montserrat, Isabel Cáceres, and Philippe Fosse
2010	Characterization of a current coprogenic sample originated by Canis
lupus as a tool for identifying a taphonomic agent. Journal of
Archaeological Science 37(12):2959-2970.

And coyote:

Rensberger, John M., and Hartmut B. Krentz
1988	Microscopic effects of predator digestion on the surfaces of bones
and teeth. Scanning Microscopy 2:1541-1551.

Schmitt, Dave N., and Kenneth E. Juell
1994	Toward the identification of coyote scatological faunal accumulations
in archaeological contexts. Journal of Archaeological Science
21(2):249-262.

Schmitt, Dave N., and Karen D. Lupo
1995	On mammalian taphonomy, taxonomic diversity, and measuring
subsistence data in zooarchaeology. American Antiquity 60(3):496-514.

Nerissa Russell
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Anthropology
Cornell University