The 11th ASWA Meeting
Haifa, Israel, June 23-28 2013
Second Announcement

Archaeozoology of Southwestern Asia and Adjacent Areas

The January 10 deadline for submitting proposals for the 11th ASWA meeting to be held at the University of Haifa, Israel has passed, and we are glad to announce that over 40 abstracts for both talks and poster presentations have been received by the Organizing Committee. The broad range of case studies and topics listed in the proposals promise a stimulating and relevant event. We encourage those still interested in participating and presenting talks or posters in the upcoming meeting to submit proposals focusing on the core themes of ASWA. We therefore extend the deadline for submitting abstracts to January 31st. Requests arriving after that date will not be considered.

Due to extension of the deadline to January 31stwe plan to put together and disseminate the final meeting program during the first week of February.

We also received a number of requests for financial support from overseas scholars for attending the meeting. We recognize the importance of broad participation in the meeting and are doing our best to secure the necessary funds needed to comply with the requests for assistance. Confirmation of financial support will be announced individually during March.

Please note that conference registration is upon arrival.

Those interested in attending the meeting and participating in conference fieldtrips and dinners (see online preliminary schedule) but do not intend to present a paper should inform us of intentions of attending as soon as possible so that we can guarantee that everyone can be accommodated in the planned events.

We remind everyone that detailed information regarding travel and accommodation arrangements is available online on the conference website: http://aswa.haifa.ac.il.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Haifa in June,

The Organizing Committee

Please email us at: [log in to unmask]