Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my query for comparative
collection help. I now feel I have a few good options that exceed the local
taxidermist's offer of whole carcasses, so thanks!

I would also like to share with everyone our first animated video, as a
result of the Digital Research Video Project, which describes the research
of fellow zooarch (on this list, in fact!) Pia Spry Marques, who recently
finished her PhD at Cambridge. The video is called "Where Did Humans Go in
the Last Ice Age" and it specifically highlights how animal bones can be
used to reconstruct subsistence patterns and site use-so I highly recommend
anyone that is interested take a look and feel free to use it for teaching,
outreach, share with others, etc. It's only 4 minutes long and you can
watch it on YouTube-http://youtu.be/B4Mg6Dnarx0.

There will be three more animated videos in the coming months, highlighting
phd/postdoc research at Cambridge in archaeology and heritage management-if
you are interested in the project as a whole you can check it out at
www.smke.org.

Thanks again all,

Best wishes,

Suzanne

--
Dr. Suzanne E. Pilaar Birch

Postdoctoral Fellow
Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology & the Ancient World
Brown University
60 George Street, Providence, RI, 02912 USA