Hi Franziska,

thank you very much for your response. I am not sure if i get you right. You modeled both the conditions (2back vs. 0back as blocks) and the events (every single presented picture in accordance to the condition), right? This would result in 4 predictors. In such a model the information of the blocks and events are overlapping each other. However, i checked it out but unfortunately with the same result: very strange looking design matrix (nearly all vectors are displayed in grey, no differences between the predictors from different conditions).

In another approach of analysis I have splitted my long 72 seconds blocks in three smaller 24 second blocks. Now it seems that my design matrix looks like it supposed to. Due to the splitted blocks the amount of predictors increased from 2 to 12 (2x 2back + 2x 0back -> 2x3 2back + 2x3 0back). Do you think one can do that this way? I will check this model with more subjects in the next days...

@Chris: thank you for your suggestions. I will model my data as an event related design with respect to the performance of the subjects in the next week. However, I am afraid concerning low SNR because of the very few hit/miss/false alarm events...but i´ll see

thanks and kind regards
christian