Christian,

The equations and comparison are identical and can be illustrated
through rearranging the equation of each test.

Your first group contrast was:
(G1C1-G1C2) - (G2C1-G2C2)

If one rearrange the equation without the parenthesis, the one gets:
G1C1-G1C2-G2C1+G2C2

Now we can reorder this:
G2C2-G2C1-G1C2+G1C1

Then regroup the equation with parenthesis and get:
(G2C2-G2C1) - (G1C2-G1C1)

Which is the second group contrast that you did.

As you can see the equation is the same in both of your analyses and
thus the results will be identical.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.