Dear Larson,

I wrote a blog article how to calculate regional volume using a script
"get_totals.m" by Ged Ridgway and WFU PickAtlas.

http://www.nemotos.net/?p=292

This is a step-by-step guide to calculate regional volume, so if you
make a caudate mask using PickAtlas, you should be able to calculate
the caudate volume without much pain...

Hope this helps,

Kiyotaka

--