Hi,

 I tried to use sDCM to study ¡°task-positive network¡± in resting. I am confused that, in my result, different from self-connection, the mean connectivity strength between two different regions is weaker than 0.1 (between 0.05 and 0.08). It seems to be lower than the one reported in most papers referring to the task-state. It is my first time to execute rsDCM, and I finished it as follows:

1) Using ¡°1st-level analysis¡±, I did fMRI model specification before extracting VOIs. Neglecting option ¡°Conditions¡± and ¡°Factorial design¡±, other steps were same as those executed in task-driven data.

  2) After using ¡°Model Estimation¡± and ¡°Contrast Manager¡± for every data from volunteer, VOIs were extracted like the steps done in task state.

 3) DCM batch file was used to specify, estimate and compare DCM models. I chose models according to prior knowledge, and some parameters were built as follows:

DCM.options.nonlinear=0;

DCM.options.two_state=0;

DCM.options.stochastic=1;

DCM.options.centre=1;

DCM.options.endogenous=1.

Here is my question:

  Is the connectivity strength true, or, just because I misunderstand some steps about rsDCM?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,

Jing