Dear Jun,

If your patiens and controls differ in locations of activations I'm
not sure it makes sense to compare them in the SPM statistical
framework. In any case, doing two separate group inversions is the
worst idea because that alone artificially induces differences between
the two groups. Either a single group inversion or separate individual
inversions are statistically sound.

Best,

Vladimir