Perfect! There are many parallels I can identify already. As one long-time resident explained to Klinenberg, “There’s not very much in the streets for people to do here anymore.” This was also a common response rioters expressed in London. Rioters felt the event was "exciting" for them and by participating, it gave them "something to do". This could be down to a mixture of our current economic situation, unemployment levels and possibly housing situations. Overcrowding is an issue in inner city areas, in particular, the social-housing sector in comparison to private owned properties. Lack of space can interfere with basic activities such as homework, privacy, family meals. Could this push children out of an overcrowded home environment and encourage them to seek other ways/places to occupy themselves?

Even the references to social interaction outside a dwelling is similar to Hillier's theory of natural spatial movement.

Thank you for sharing this with me.

Out of curiosity... what is your opinion on "Were housing conditions a contributing factor to the London riots?" I know it's a big question but it will be interesting to know what your opinion is.

Thanks,