See attached email from the editor in chief of the SCS Modelling and
Simulation magazine.  I am sure the simsoc community have a lot to
contribute, and incidentally educate other kinds of modeler as to our field.

----------------------------

What is the SCS M&S Magazine about?

It may seem interesting to ask this question within an SCS M&S Newsletter
that normally reports on conferences, publications, and other society
relevant events, but after a short glimpse, this may no longer be the case.

The SCS M&S Magazine in its current form is relatively young. The first
issue of number one came out in January 2010 under the lead of Professor
Louis Birta, who used his long-term established connections to recruit
authors for papers that are of interest to the community. After the
successful start of this publication venue, the team of Andreas Tolk,
Francesco Longo, and Il-Chul Moon took over at the end of 2011. We wanted
the SCS M&S Magazine to become more relevant as service providers for SCS.
We wanted SCS members to use the magazine as a viable source of information
as well as a means to communicate and encouraged the submission of ideas,
in particular when they are a little bit provocative. So far, the
discussion turned out to be sparse, letters to the editor are rare, and
thought provoking papers are not often enough coming in.

So I decided to address the SCS community with this little challenge: Do
you really agree with all the recent papers published in the last year? Do
you see anything missing in the definition of a scholar? Do you support the
idea that Scrum should be used for M&S development? Are we ready for using
the cloud for M&S? Just visit the SCS M&S Magazine website (
http://www.scs.org/msmagazine
; remember to log in to see the latest issues reserved for SCS members) and
check out where you agree - or not. And then let us know, by sending a
letter to the editor or by sending a full paper. If we can hold the number
of good papers, we should make it onto the SCOPUS index soon, so no effort
is wasted.

Looking forward to receive your paper, ideas, and letters,
Andreas Tolk, EiC SCS M&S Magazine

Regards.

Bruce Edmonds
Centre for Policy Modelling
Manchester Metropolitan University Business School,
All Saints Campus, Oxford Road, Manchester M15 6BH, UK.
Tel. +161 247 6479  Fax. +161 247 6802
http://bruce.edmonds.name