Hi everyone,

Happy new year!

I was hoping someone might be able to give me a little advice on an R code I have written for analysis of my data. My research is psycholinguistic, and is related to automatic processing at linguistic levels. I am using spatial referencing as a measure, and if processing is automatic, then participants should use the same reference frame as their partner when primed.

The experiment uses a 3x2x2 mixed design with Depletion level (ego-depleted vs. non-ego depleted vs. control) as the between subjects variable and Reference Frame (intrinsic vs. relative) and Target Orientation (vertical vs. horizontal) as the within subject variables. The dependent variable is reference frame used by the participant.

I am hoping to get both item by item, and participant by participant analysis and have put the relevant information into the code. When I try to run the lmer it tells me there is an error;

Error in lm.fit(x, y, offset = offset, singular.ok = singular.ok, ...) :
  0 (non-NA) cases
In addition: Warning message:
In Ops.factor(1, Item) : | not meaningful for factors

I'm not really sure what this means as I am totally new to R!

I have attached the full code if anyone wants to look at it. It might be that my code is wrong, but it could be in my data set, but i'm not sure!

I would be grateful for any advice,

Beth

Bethany Snow
Postgraduate Academic Assistant and PhD Researcher
321b Reg Vardy Building
St Peters Campus
St Peters Way
Sunderland