Dear fellow postgraduates,

As per Donna’s e-mail below, I just wanted to remind you about the BPS social psychology section (SPS) Twitterchat this evening (29/01/13).

As this is the first Twitter chat through the SPS, I wanted to give it an extra push in making you aware of it – so do not worry, I won’t send an e-mail about it every time (!). It is planned for them to happen fortnightly, so keep an eye on the SPS Twitter page for future chats.

This evening the chat is based around the Stapel affair, with particular focus on issues surrounding the SPS and Shanks letters in The Times Education.  Therefore, this particular chat may not be just of interest for those in social psychology, but more broadly too. As some background to the letter for those who are not aware, the SPS published a letter within the THE regarding the Stapel report, to which there have been some responses from both Prof Shanks and SPS. If you would like to read these letters before the chat, you can find them here: SPS initial, Shanks’ reply and SPS reply. They are quite interesting nonetheless, even if you wish not to join the chat.

The chat starts tonight at 8pm via @SocialPsychUK under hashtag #SPSchat

Hope you are able to join and provide a postgraduate prospective to these issues.

Kind regards,

Dan.

Daniel Jolley

Doctoral Researcher (Ph.D) | Associate Lecturer
School of Psychology, University of Kent, Canterbury | CT2 7NP

Office: Olive Cottages 1.05 | Tel: +44 (0)1227 823978 | Fax: +44 (0)1227 827030

Web: Kent Webpage | Personal Webpage | Follow: @mr_jolley | @PsyPAGQuarterly | @SocialPsychUK

| Editor of Psychology Postgraduate Affairs Group (PsyPAG) Quarterly |

| British Psychological Society (BPS) Social Psychology Section (SPS) Postgraduate Representative |