From: Jeremy Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 22 January 2013 21:08:49 GMT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mail list removal

I should learn to send one email, sorry.

There's a certain amount of unwritten, or partially written, rules
around email lists.  One of the reasons I started this list is because
when you do something stupid on a mailing list (such as send a reply
to the list, instead of the sender*) it's nice to do it in a more
supportive and friendly environment such as this one.

Jeremy

*Which I haven't done for years, but did a couple of days ago. I'd
been kind of polite to a person on the list who had said I was
unqualified to discuss their ideas.  I said they were right, I was
obviously unqualified and I wouldn't talk about it any more. Then I
sent a message to someone else I'd been talking to - but I replied to
their message that they sent to the list, not the message they sent to
me, and said "Yes, they're mad. I can't stand it any more".  Oops.
[Incidentally, the person who I called mad had proven the existence of
God (and not just any god, but specifically the Christian god of the
King James version of the bible), through the use of factor analysis.