Dear PSCI-COM,

I'd like to bring to your attention some brand-new classroom resources, created by STEMNET, the Astra Zeneca Teaching Trust, the Society for Biology and 4Science.

We have developed inspirational activities for STEM Ambassadors and teachers to engage students in Biology topics, from developing super-strength glue to investigating the decline of conker trees.

The six practical activities enhance the Biology curriculum, and can be run by STEM Ambassadors and teachers to give students the opportunity to relate school science to the real-world challenges experienced by STEM professionals.

The activities explore the following topics:
•	Colour questions – what happens when coloured substances are mixed with oil and water?
•	Improving glue – can we develop a stronger glue?
•	Eat your greens – can we stop food from going off but still keep it tasty and nutritious?
•	Exploding cells – why can’t the concentration of our body fluids change?
•	Take your medicine – why are there so many different kinds of pills?
•	Save our conkers – what’s happening to our conker trees? Will they survive?

There is more information in our news story:
	http://www.stemnet.org.uk/news/view/1232354

The six resources are freely available as pdfs from the STEMNET website:
	http://www.stemnet.org.uk/resources/other/50

and from the STEMNET TES page
	http://www.tes.co.uk/mypublicprofile.aspx?uc=1480361

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Morag

Morag Hickman
Communications Officer, STEMNET