Wendy; check the dialogues bit of the Sciencewise website http://www.sciencewise-erc.org.uk/cms/dialogue-projects/

Loads on synbio, nano

Also see the evaluation bits and guides

Roland

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Wendy Sadler [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 17 January 2013 18:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Nanotech engagement

Dear psci-com

I am involved in a project that is advising some researchers about public engagement within the field of Nanotechnology and synthetic biology. I'd like to get them started to think about what they might do by showcasing some of the projects that are currently happening to give them a feeling for the range of different approaches. I'd love to include evaluation of any initiatives so if you can point me towards any projects you know of in this area, particularly if they include learning that we can use to inform what the researchers  should and shouldn't do, that would be great.

Just to add to the fun, why not add your favourite analogy that you've heard used to explain how small nano actually is....!

Cheers
Wendy

_______________________________
Please note - I usually work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so there may be a slight delay in response on other days.
_______________________________
Wendy Sadler
Director, science made simple

Part of The Training Group - Supporting public engagement in the research community

Queens Buildings
14-17 The Parade
Cardiff CF24 3AA

Tel +44 (0) 2920 876884
Fax +44 (0) 2920 874056

Company number  0518 7306
VAT number  862 3870 08

********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on behalf of
the British Science Association (http://www.britishscienceassociation.org)