Hi Eleanor, I DID open junk email from yr address! It simply said "Hi. Open this" with direction to a link! I thank my intuition for alerting me to danger! Opening the email (not the link) caused my cursor to flicker & open windows to freeze. I rebooted and the problem seems to have gone away; we'll see.
Do hope this intrusion has caused you minimal disruption.  All the best.
Diana