In this land wedge I inhabit , Doug, 6.5 acres or so, I await a touch of the dribbles which may happen this arvo if we can believe the prognosticators. In preparation, I have cleared out leaves and twigs from about 200 meters of driveway gutter in hopes that if any downpour comes, it will not whisk away the dusty driveway completely.

Our hearts do go out to Queenslanders and northern New South Welshmen and women. Fire is bad but it gets its business done and stops. Floods you see coming, then they stay with you and gobble up before they go.

Hoo roo,
Bill