Thank you all for your collective views, I sensed this would never be black and white ....that is why we are in OH!
Debbie

From: James Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 3 January 2013, 13:20
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] MicroLab Spirometer - calibration

Hi Debbie,

Have a look at

http://www.micromedical.co.uk/downloads/pdf/Syringe.pdf

and as indicated these standards dictate daily calibration checks.

Note these are checks, they could be used to ensure a device is working within range.
However MicroMedical indicate (from their manual) that a check on needs to be carried out annually (as others have suggested).

Then of course you would also need to have the syringe checked and that no other factors affect the checks done (such as differing operators, Boyles Law).

Ah the joys of calibration checks.

Cheers,
James

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES: