I forgot to mention that the opportunity is not restricted to London – there are opportunities in Wales, and the South East – there could be opportunities elsewhere. For the right person Nichola would pay for overnight accommodation and travel  if that were necessary.

Anne
------ Forwarded Message
From: Anne Harriss <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:41:35 +0000
To: JISC OH <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Nichola Elvy <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Conversation: Alternative practice experience for OH students
Subject: Alternative practice experience for OH students

Hello List

I have read recently a few postings re requests for alternative practice experience by OH students. I thought hard before I posted this because in a way it could be viewed as short term recruitment and we have a ban on that. However, I know how hard a number of students have been finding it to get OHN practice experience so I am being flexible on this one on this occasion as it may help you fulfil the NMC requirements.

Nichola Elvy of Building Health may be able to give some practice experience, could be used as the period of a few weeks of alternative practice, in Feb but there is a proviso. The experience will  focus on health surveillance and whoever takes on the challenge must be a self starter, be able to undertake audiometry and spirometry autonomously and be available on Tuesday-Friday. Anyone who is interested should contact Nichola direct at
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]. Nichola can then provide further  details. This experience will not suit anyone who needs their hand holding but may suit students who have experience of health surveillance or are in the final part of their OH course.

Anne

------ End of Forwarded Message