Brill. Thanks Jo
See you soon I hope

From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joanne Hatton
Sent: 10 January 2013 16:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [NATSCA] Microscope slides on display

Hi Jack
Will answer what I can...
Best, Jo

From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ashby, Jack
Sent: 10 January 2013 11:46
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Microscope slides on display

Dear all
I hope you are well. Ahead of an exciting development at the Grant Museum, I'm conducting a little research into the display of microscope slides in museums. I'd be grateful if you could answer a few very brief questions for me...

1)      Do you hold microscope slides in your collection? Yes

2)      If yes, how many? Several hundred (unfortunately have never had time to count accurately)

3)      Do you have microscope slides on public display in your museum in any way?   No

4)      If yes, please give a line of description of the display, including an indication of the number of slides displayed. A photo would be appreciated if possible (not for publication).

5)      Do you know of any museums outside the UK which display slides? Any details would be appreciated.

If you don't display slides, there's no need to read on.

6)      Are your slides only displayed as part of an interactive? (for example, a microscope for visitor to see a range of slides; are the slides only displayed digitally?):

7)      Do the slides on display include:

a.       Histology (tissues or limited body parts)?

b.      Whole animals?

c.       Embryology?

d.      Microfossils?

e.      Botany?

f.        Fossil thin sections?

g.       Human material?

h.      Hair?

i.        Other? Please describe.

Many thanks for your time.
All the best
Jack

Manager
Grant Museum of Zoology
Rockefeller Building
University College London
21 University Street
London WC1E 6DE

Web: www.grant.museum.ucl.ac.uk
Blog: https://blogs.ucl.ac.uk/museums/

020 3108 2052 (or 52052 from within UCL)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UCL-Museums-and-Collections/352538109391
http://twitter.com/@GrantMuseum

New exhibition, Amazon Adventure: Join us for a family trip along the Amazon, the world?s largest and most biologically diverse river, opening 16 February 2013

Visit our website to see exhibitions, events, explore our collections and much more: http://www.horniman.ac.uk

The Horniman Public Museum & Public Park Trust. 100 London Road, London SE23 3PQ.
Registered as a charity in England and Wales. Charity registration number: 802725
Company registration number: 2456393

Disclaimer
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only. It may contain personal views which are not the views of the Horniman Museum, unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that the Horniman may monitor e-mails sent or received. It is the recipient?s responsibility to ensure that appropriate measures are in place to check for software viruses.