Email from NICE

This may be of interest to the lists.

----- Original Message -----

From: [log in to unmask]">National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence

To: [log in to unmask]">Tracey Bignall

Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 2:32 PM

Subject: Reminder: NICE offers conference ticket bursary to attend the 2013 NICE conference:

31/12/2012

NHS

National Institute for
Health and Clinical Excellence

Level 1A, City Tower
Piccadilly Plaza
Manchester
M1 4BD

Tel: 0845 003 7780
Fax: 0845 003 7784

www.nice.org.uk

Dear Colleague,

I am writing you remind you of our bursary scheme offer for the 2013 NICE Annual Conference which is taking place in Birmingham on 14 and 15 May 2013. If you haven’t yet applied and are interested in doing so please note that the deadline for applications is 5pm on Thursday 10th January 2013.

NICE 2013 will focus on:

  • The relationship between NICE and other major partner organisations in the new health landscape,
  • How NICE can supplement existing social care quality standards,
  • Public Health England and local government's new role.

The bursary offer

This year's bursary package consists of a full two-day delegate pass to the conference worth £325 plus VAT. The bursary scheme is open to national patient, carer and voluntary organisations and can be applied for by completing and returning the application form below. Details of the bursary scheme and the application form are also available on NICE website bursary page.

The closing date for submitted applications is 5pm, Thursday 10th January 2013. Applications will be considered for eligibility by the NICE Patient and Public Involvement Programme. Applications which meet the eligibility criteria will be selected for a bursary at random.

Because of the limited number of bursary packages available, priority may be given to those organisations who have not previously received a NICE conference bursary.

Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible following the closing date. Unsuccessful applicants will be entitled to book delegate passes at a discounted rate.

How to apply

Please return your completed form electronically to [log in to unmask], or by post to:

NICE 2013 – Conference Bursary Scheme

c/o Ms Bushra Hussain

Patient and Public Involvement Programme

NICE

Level 1, City Tower

Piccadilly Plaza

Manchester

M1 4BT

Please note that applications received after 5pm, Thursday 10th January 2013 will NOT be considered

Certain terms and conditions apply, and I have attached these to this email. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

A copy of the application form is also attached to this email. If you would like a hard copy sent to you please email me at: [log in to unmask]

I very much look forward to receiving your application, and to seeing you at next year’s conference.

Yours sincerely,

Bushra Hussain

Co-ordinator

Patient and Public Involvement Programme

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee, you may not disclose, reproduce or distribute this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender and delete it from your system. Any personal data sent in reply to this message will be used in accordance with provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and only for the purposes of the Institute's work.

All messages sent by NICE are checked for viruses, but we recommend that you carry out your own checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

http://www.nice.org.uk