UK list members may wish to participate in the survey below organised by HistoryUK

I am not personally involved in running this survey but thought it should be brought to the attention of our community.

Sally Horrocks

Dear Colleague,

As you may be aware, since the summer the government and funding councils have begun incorporating requirements for articles published in journals to be made freely accessible. In order to understand the implications of these moves for the discipline of history, HistoryUK is conducting a survey charting the publication patterns of individual historians. We would be grateful if you would click on the link below and complete the online survey. It is open to all who produce historical research. With a C.V. to hand it should not take more than 10 minutes. Answers are anonymous. The survey will remain open until 20 February. The survey can be interrupted and resumed at a later date by use of the save button and can be found by clicking:

http://tinyurl.com/b5tryx2

Please feel free to circulate this link. Many thanks for your time.

Best Wishes,

Dr Andrew Dilley

Dr Keith McLey

Co-Convenors, HistoryUK

For those seeking further information, see:

•HistoryUK Open Access Policy: http://myblogs.informa.com/jvc/files/2012/11/History-UK-Open-Access-Publishing-Briefing-and-Strategy-22-Nov-2012.pdf

•Statement by History Journal Editors: http://www.history.ac.uk/news/2012-12-10/statement-position-relation-open-access

•RHS: http://www.royalhistoricalsociety.org/RHSPresidentE-letterJanuary2013.pdf

http://thedisorderofthings.com/2012/12/04/open-access-hefce-ref2020-and-the-threat-to-academic-freedom/