Good morning Helen

I work at http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/ and we get asked this
regularly. After the demise of the Kodak zi8 which was a great affordable
camera we got the Zoom q3 for sub £200 and it is a strong piece of kit that
would meet your requirements.

We have written lots of guidance too on planning video projects at
http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/creating

Feel free to get in touch any time via
http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/help/

Kind regards and happy filming