Hello everyone,

We have migrated approximately 1700 lists from Talislist to Aspire,  and we are only just starting to trial academics managing and creating their own lists with a few willing volunteers!  We are developing our workflows, but have an issue as to when it is best to complete the review, and are hoping that others can tell us what they do in their institutions to help us work through this.

Work on the lists is not completed in a linear fashion, but concurrently i.e. the metadata and copyright issues are being checked by one member of staff at the same time as someone else checks for scanning requirements and someone else for purchasing requirements etc.  We have implemented the stages on offer from Aspire, but as there is no way to actually mark them in any way as completed we have not found these to be helpful as yet.  We are using the 'Assign reviewer' function to move the list between those checking and the librarians who decide on purchases etc, and it will ultimately be the librarian who completes the review, but they need to be sure that all necessary stages have been completed and we need a quick, straightforward and obvious way for them to know this.

We will be very grateful for any suggestions from you to help us as we move forward with Aspire,

Many thanks

Liz

Liz Blacker
Acting Digital Resources Librarian