From: Talis Aspire Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keji Adedeji
Sent: 16 January 2013 16:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Talis Aspire Ideas - 2012 Survey

Hi Georgina,

My apologies, the ordering of the "How does it make you feel" options should have been randomised as it was not intended to imply an ordering, but that didn't occur.

The feeling it inspires is an indicator to see how most people view a particular idea, i.e whether it is a basic expectation of the system, something people don't like, are not really bothered about, don't expect but would actually like a lot etc.

So for example, 'I disagree with it' means you dislike having it, or if the option to turn it off was available, you would turn it off whereas I like it may mean you don't expect it but would really like this if it was available.

The vote is ultimately what matters, you may vote for an idea you expect with a 3 and another you also expect with a 5. Whilst they are both what you would consider basic feature, one may still be important than the other. Similarly, there may be a feature that you didn't particularly expect, but actually, you would prefer to have that over a feature you did expect.

I'd say to use your vote as the primary indicator for how important it is to you, relatively to everything else. (2 ideas voted as 5 are as important as each other to you, but they may actually make you feel differently i.e you may really like one, and expect the other).

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Keji

---