Hi All

Happy New Year to everyone in Aspire-land!

As my New Years Resolution I'm hoping to gather data on how different institutions have handled the implementation of Talis Aspire, to help us to plan the next stage of our tenancy. I'm interested in getting replies to the following questions.

When you introduced Aspire :

i) did you appoint a project officer (or similar) to lead or support the project? How long was their contract?

ii) did you appoint any staff specifically to support either reading list gathering,  implementing an acquisitions workflow, or other important admin tasks? How long were their contracts?

iii) did you decide to use Aspire for ordering as well as for reading list maintenance?

I also would like some feedback on how everyone is handling the issue of reading list maintenance. Please let me know which of the following applies to you :

i) the library creates and updates all reading lists

ii) the academic staff create and update all reading lists

iii) the library expects the academic staff to maintain their lists but will offer assistance as and when necessary.

I did debate setting up a survey in Survey Monkey for these questions but thought that people would be likelier to reply as a straight email. However, I'm not sure that everyone on the list will want to see every reply so please can I ask for replies to come direct to me? If there are enough expressions of interest I am happy to summarise my findings to the list.

All replies will be welcome so thanks in anticipation!

My email address is : [log in to unmask]