Dear librarians,

**** Apologies for Cross-Posting ****

After four years of working abroad at an international school in Bangkok,
I've decided I want to return to the UK, and my job is being advertised for
August 2013.
I've had a great time out here both professionally and personally, and I'd
encourage any proactive, experienced librarian who's interested in working
abroad for a while to consider applying.  The school is looking for someone
who is confident at teaching information literacy, but it doesn't
necessarily have to be someone with a school library background.  As the
post involves leading a team of library staff, and working with children
from 3-18 years, it may be that someone from the public library sector has
a better skills match for us.

The students are lovely, SMT have always been supportive of the library,
and you get a lovely team of six library staff to lead.  The work ethic is
quite driven, but you also get the empowerment and budget to take the
library in the direction you want.  The salary package is good and has
enabled me to travel around SE Asia, save regularly, and also develop a
dangerous pedicure habit!  The job is advertised via CILIP here -
http://www.lisjobnet.com/job-ads/1574-sis2101-librarian/ , and you can
download the job desciption/application form from the Shrewsbury Website
here http://www.shrewsbury.ac.th/shb/employment.html

If you have any questions about the job, or living in Bangkok, please do
drop me an email - I want to make sure my team get a great new librarian to
work with.

Best wishes,
Josie

Josephine Crimp