Just to say - the Telegraph misquoted me horribly.
I - The Library Campaign - am NOT 'absolutely appalled' at Midlothian's plans.

No way.
I was very supportive (& rather more articulate than the Tel version).
I did say I thought bashing books was a bit much.

There is a debate on all this (between Philip and me, and others)
on www.librarycampaign.com

Laura Swaffield
Chair, TLC