‘Torna il tuo cielo d’un tempo’: A Centenary Symposium on Vittorio Sereni

The Department of English Literature and the Department of Modern Languages and European Studies at the University of Reading are organizing a one-day symposium on the life and work of Vittorio Sereni (1913-1983), to mark the centenary of his birth.

The symposium will be held at the Museum of English Rural Life (Reading) on the 6th June 2013. This event is part of the first Reading Poetry Festival.

We invite submissions of outlines for 20-minute papers on any aspect of his the life and work. We are particularly interested to receive proposals on the following aspects:

1)            Translations

2)            Relations with French poets

3)            Publishing activities

Confirmed speakers include Barbara Colli, Maurizio Cucchi, Edoardo Esposito, and Francesca Southerden.

Plans are in train to publish the proceedings of this conference.

Please send a 300-word abstract in English or Italian and small bio-bibliographical note to Sara Pesatori at [log in to unmask]

The organizers: Sara Pesatori, Peter Robinson, and Daniela La Penna

Dr Daniela La Penna

Senior Lecturer in Italian Studies

Director of Post-Graduate Studies

Department of Modern Languages and European Studies

School of Languages and Literature

Arts and Humanities Building

Whiteknights Campus

The University of Reading

Reading, Berks.

RG6 6AA

United Kingdom

Tel. : ++44 (0) 118 378 6502

Fax : ++44 (0) 118 378 6797

Skype: daniela.la.penna

http://www.rdg.ac.uk/italian/about/staff/la%20penna.htm

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html