Hi

> Shutting down xrootd (xrootd, fedredir_atlas): [FAILED]
> Starting xrootd (xrootd, fedredir_atlas): [FAILED]
>
> I guess this is a redirector configuration that shouldn't be on the head node and I don't have to worry about it. Is that correct?

No, sadly you do have to worry about it - that  federated redirector should be running on the head node.

There might be something useful in the logs for that service.
I guess double check that you followed
https://svnweb.cern.ch/trac/lcgdm/wiki/Dpm/Xroot/Setup#ATLASfederation

(with the UK redirector for the var DPM_XROOTD_FEDREDIRS)
and that you downloaded the N2N library at /usr/lib64/XrdOucName2NameLFC.so
and that the machine iteself can connect to the port that the federated xrootd server is runing on 11000 by default I think.

Wahid