Dear all,
The Department of Geological Sciences at the University of Idaho is actively searching in the fields of Sedimentology/Stratigraphy.  Please contact me with any questions.

The official link to the position:
https://www.sites.uidaho.edu/AppTrack/Agency/Applicant/ViewAnnouncement.asp?announcement_no=10000030502

Based on state board approval, The Department of Geological Sciences at the University of Idaho (UI) is seeking applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position in Sedimentology/Stratigraphy.  Applications will be accepted from candidates with research and teaching interests over a broad-range of sedimentologic and/or stratigraphic applications. Areas of specialization can include, but are not limited to all aspects of siliciclastic sedimentology, carbonate sedimentology, basin analysis, biostratigraphy, chemostratigraphy, and carbonate, or sequence stratigraphy.

The successful candidate is expected to establish a vigorous, externally funded research program that expands the scope of our departmental expertise while complementing and integrating with our existing strengths. Teaching duties will include supervision of student research at undergraduate, M.S. and Ph.D. levels, and potential assistance in one of our summer field courses. Although not mandatory, adding a field component in courses is desirable, as it has provided students with very favorable ratings from resource companies and graduate schools.

Best,
Brian

Brian Yanites
Assistant Professor