We have 32 hand samples (rocks) from the Cripple Creek area, Colorado.  19 samples come from a teaching collection put together by Harold Alling and sold by Wards in 1918.  The others were placed in the collection by Ed Sampson.  We also have 7 guides to the Alling Collection (catalogue no. 35 of Wards).  The collection originally had 21 samples.

We would like to send the collection to an appropriate home.  Some college or university in Colorado?  Denver Museum of natural History? other?  Let me know  if you would like them and we will send them to you.

Lincoln Hollister