Hello Folks

Many thanks for all the replies I received regarding the following query:

I'm currently working on creating a schools learning pack to compliment our newly established permanent collection of fine art and also our Jolomo retrospective in the summer.  This is a new subject area for me as I have more of a library background than museums so I thought it would be useful to get some wisdom from you excellent Gemmers ... do any of you have any examples of learning packs you could share with me or examples of activities that have worked well with engaging children/young people with paintings?   The pack will include information and activities aimed at Early Years. Primary and Secondary.  Any advice and tips would be most welcome.

I had a few folk saying they would be interested in what replies I received so here are the resources I was directed to.  They have been really useful in helping to get an idea of what is out there.

Museums Galleries Scotland:
http://www.museumsgalleriesscotland.org.uk/what-we-do/learning-and-access/formal-learning-and-museums/what-is-hands-on/

National Gallery:
http://www.takeonepicture.org/picture/previous.html

Fitzwilliam Museum
 http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/dept/education/learningresources/learningresources.3.html

Tate
http://www.tate.org.uk/learn/online-resources

www.dymondgreen.co.uk<http://www.dymondgreen.co.uk>

I haven't sent any attachments folk sent me as I'm not sure how people would feel with me sharing their work without asking their permission.

Thanks again to everyone who sent me ideas and thoughts.  They have been really helpful:)

Best
Sophie

Sophie Hawkey-Edwards
Libraries and Cultural Services
19 Poplar Road
Broadmeadow Industrial Estate
Dumbarton
G82 2RJ
01389 608 163

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately at - [log in to unmask] The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. West Dunbartonshire Council will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.

Unless expressly stated to the contrary, this email and its contents shall not have any contractually binding effect on West Dunbartonshire Council or its clients and any writings which are or could form the basis of any agreement are subject to contract.