Hello All

Thank you to everyone who sent reassuring emails about working with unaccompanied children.    As I stroll towards two days of paediatric first aid training and an online course on core skills for the children’s workforce I have another question….

What is best practice if a child simply ‘runs out’ of the museum to escape your wonderful activities (despite you have appropriate ratios, people on door watch etc etc).

Having spoken to schools they have said that on registration forms they have a sentence along the lines of “you remain responsible for your child at all times even if you’re not with them and if they run off we’re not going to chase after them or restrain them”.

I would love to know how other museums deal with what I hope is a rare thing – happy to circulate replies.

Would also be very grateful if you could wizz me copies of any registration forms you have for unaccompanied activities – I think I’ve got most things pinned down but it’s always worth a look at others….

Thanks!

Kate

Kate Osborne| Learning & Skills Officer
Royal Albert Memorial Museum | Bradninch Offices | Bradninch Place | Gandy Street | Exeter | EX4 3LS
(t) 01392 265965 (f) 01392 421252
(e) [log in to unmask]
(w) http://www.exeter.gov.uk/ramm

RAMM - Museum of the Year 2012

Help us improve by rating our website: http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/Visiting-Us/

Find out What's on: http://www.rammuseum.org.uk/Whats-on/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RAMMuseum
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RAMMuseum

Exeter's Royal Albert Memorial Museum (RAMM): Museum of the Year 2012

To find out more and plan a visit, go to www.exeter.gov.uk/ramm

 Disclaimer: http://www.exeter.gov.uk/disclaimer