Well it looks as though the issue was the motion correction. We used 4
shot EPI and ended up with quite a bit of ghosting. When I turn off the
motion correction it doesn't matter if I delete volumes, and the resulting
image looks a lot more like the input images. Looks like I might have to
find another correction method, or get some better images.

Thanks for all the help!

Barry