Van: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] namens Mark Jenkinson [[log in to unmask]]
Verzonden: maandag 7 januari 2013 10:22
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: [FSL] Setting up the correct contrast

Hi,

You will need to split your covariate of interest into 2 EVs, one for each group - with the values demeaned _within_ the groups, and the rest of the EV appropriately padded with zeros.  Once you have these two EVs you can test for group differences in the same way as you did with the group means (which I assume were EV1 and EV2 given your contrast example).  You need to keep all the other EVs as well (especially the group means) and so you would end up with 6 EVs, not 5.

I hope that's clear.

All the best,
        Mark