Hello,

I have question regarding TBM approach. I have 30 controls who were scanned (structural T1) at time-point1 and time-point2( 6 weeks after time-point1). The following is the pipeline that i used for TBM analyses

1) Images from  time-point1 and time-point2 were flirted to standard space.
2) Images from time-point1 in standard space were fnirted to Images from time-point2 in standard space to obtain the Jacobian of the field(providing the affine transform as input). Then i have log transformed the field.
3) I uses randomise on the log transformed jacobian to check if there is any significant expansion or contraction within the group. The contrast file has 2 contrasts. 1 (to check for expansion) and -1 (to check for contraction).

What i see in the corrected p-vaules after thresholding at 0.99 is that there are huge significant changes showing that the controls significantly changed both ways i.e expansion and contraction (see attached screen shot). I wouldnt expect that the controls would change so much. Can you please help me in pointing out the mistake in the TBM processing steps.

Regards
Jay