Thanks a lot!

--- On Sun, 1/27/13, Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Anderson M. Winkler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] Connectivity Indices for a network as a whole
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 9:04 AM

Dear Kami,

In Matlab, SVD with one output gives only the singular values, which I think are not what you want. Try instead:

[U,~,~] = svd(temp3);
U = U(:,1);

See attached a little function that does the trick, perhaps more efficiently for large matrices (in case you have one).

All the best,

Anderson

2013/1/27 kambiz rakhshan <[log in to unmask]" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]>
Thanks a lot!

For some reasons, I am also planning to carry this procedure out in Matlab. Can you please let me know if the following piece of code is correct to compute indices, for instance, across the entire DM network:

Lets assume that temp is m*n 4D matrix in which m is number of subjects and n is the number of voxels:

% lets mask each subject-specific DM network

for
i=1:size(temp,1)
temp1=temp(i,:);
temp3(i,:)=temp1(mask);
end

s=svd(temp3);

If the above piece of code is correct, I do not see any variability in the scores at all (see attached figure). Can you please let me know what could be the problem? Note that I used Intensity normalization during preprocessing with no-scaling option during back-reconstruction.

Many thanks
Kami