Dear experts,

I'm cutting in on this thread because I have a similar problem. I want to register a thresh_zstat image (an output component from MELODIC) to a DMN template already in MNI space. I was using FLIRT but after reading this post I'm assuming I should be using applywarp instead? Even after reading the practical on handling warps I'm still not quite sure what the --warp input should be. Should I be applying FLIRT or FNIRT before applywarp?

Thank you in advance!
Helen
From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Jenkinson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 2:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Normalising ROI to template

Hi,

Just use applywarp for the ROIs - you should never run FLIRT or FNIRT to do registration based on ROIs (it is OK to use flirt in the applyxfm mode, but not to perform a registration).

You need to make sure you have the right syntax (i.e. --ref=MNI, not -ref=MNI) and you probably want to set the output datatype to float (--datatype=float) and rethreshold the output with fslmaths, if you want the output to be a binary mask.

All the best,
        Mark