Hi there,

I am trying to do ICA analysis on rat brain experiencing silent seizure activity in a model of absence epilepsy.  I've run the data through MELODIC and it finds 17-20 components.  However, when I look at the spatial maps of the components, I see that many of the ICs basically show complete activation of all brain pixels belonging to a single slice.  I have 8 slices in my imaging volume, and 8 IC maps show whole-brain activation in individual slices.

I was thinking perhaps it was due to the motion correction, since I assume that the correction is done on a per-slice basis.  However, when I turn off MCFLIRT I get the same behaviour.

Would you have any thoughts as to what might be causing this apparent artifact?

Thanks for your help!

-andrew