Hi - you just need to threshold the final image at a low level.
Cheers.

On 1 Jan 2013, at 04:00, Tae-Ho Lee wrote:

Dear Colleagues

I tried to create roi mask with the same syntax I used under 4.0.
However, when I ran exactly same syntax new fsl version (5.0 under Debian), I got totally different shape of created mask.
my syntax was something like as below:

:::: fslmaths ${MNIbrain} -roi ${peakx} 1 ${peaky} 1 ${peakz} 1 0 1 -kernel gauss ${R} -fmean ${workingDIR}/${Result}

And its result under 4.0 version is a clear (a kind of) sphere mask (please see attachment;fsl4.0.png)
Under 5.0 version, however, I got a rectangle mask (fsl5.0.png)

I'm wondering that what the underneath difference between versions is.  And to create the first one (sphere), what am i supposed to do?

I would appreciate any feedbacks.

And... Happy new Year!!!!!

-Taeho
<fsl4.0.png><fsl5.0.png>

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve