Dear Helen,

I'd just like to reinforce what Michael Harms was saying about reading the FBIRN papers.  There are issues that will not be fully corrected by just including scanner regressors, especially if there are things that affect accurate registration (e.g. imperfectly corrected susceptibility distortions, gradient non-linearity distortions, concommitent gradient distortions) and these are likely to be different between scanner manufacturers _and_ between field strengths.  These are not dealt with by voxel-wise regressors, as such regressors still assume that the registration is perfect. So be aware that there are still significant problems in combining this data together within a single analysis and that many reviewers are likely to be highly skeptical, especially if your subject groups are not completely balanced (in which case the list of potential problems is much worse).  I would seriously consider just reporting the results from the individual scanner analyses side-by-side, as consistency in this does not have any of these problems and is likely to reinforce your point in a much stronger way.

All the best,
	Mark