Dear all,

Hi, I am trying to extract resting state component using MELODIC.

I have problem with results of estimated number of component.
Estimated number of components differs, if subject list specifies the subject order differently.
The estimated number of components is same, and the ICA results are also very similar, if subject list is fixed trial by trial.

Different subject order makes a large difference in estimated number of component, such as from 22 to 33.
I really cannot understand these results, and I don't know what is the proper component number.

Please anybody explain the reason for this.

Thank you in advance.

Eunjin.