From: Carl Heneghan
Sent: 09 January 2013 12:42
To: Tracey Brown; [log in to unmask]
Cc: Michael Stacey; Fiona Godlee; Sile Lane; Iain Chalmers; Ruth Davis
Subject: RE: Misleading statistics from Sense About Science

Great will do

Cheers Carl

From: Tracey Brown [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 January 2013 12:20
To: Carl Heneghan; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Michael Stacey; Fiona Godlee; Sile Lane; Iain Chalmers; Ruth Davis

Excellent. All fine with me. Would it be relevant to add an extra line: If your organisation supports this aim, contact Michael Stacey: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ?

Dear EBHC list

The following is a very important campaign, being run by sense about science <http://www.senseaboutscience.org/news.php/292/alltrials-campaign-launch> and other folk,  about all trials registered and all result reported.

We would like you to sign up to the petition, but also to pass on to your friends,  other lists etc.,

at  http://www.alltrials.net/

[cid:image001.png@01CDEE66.C6E629A0]<http://www.alltrials.net/>

In addition, if your organisation supports this aim, contact Michael Stacey: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks Carl Heneghan(CEBM), Ben Goldacre (bad Science), Iain Chalmers (James Lind), Fiona Godlee (BMJ), Sile lane, Michael Stacey and Tracey Brown (Sense about Science)

Thousands of clinical trials have not reported their results; some have not even been registered.
Information on what was done and what was found in these trials could be lost forever to doctors and researchers, leading to bad treatment decisions, missed opportunities for good medicine, and trials being repeated unnecessarily on people and animals.
All trials past and present should be registered, and the full methods and the results reported.
We call on governments, regulators and research bodies to put in place measures to achieve this.

Sign the petition

[sign_petition]<http://www.alltrials.net/>

http://www.alltrials.net/
and tell a friend <http://www.alltrials.net/>

An editorial in the BMJ today spells out that academics as well as companies need to report the results of their trials. Editor in Chief Fiona Godlee calls on both industry and academia to clean up their act and invites BMJ readers to add their voice to the petition at www.alltrials.net<http://www.alltrials.net>: "The evidence that much research goes unreported is overwhelming,

 Many thanks

Ruth