Colleagues,

In case you've not been approached by Gwilym before, I thought I'd send this out for further distribution. It's an edited version of an email conversation which has links to sites for students going into business.  If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact HMRC directly.

Best,

Lewis

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 January 2013 09:36
To: Lewis Coakley
Subject: RE: HMRC - advice for students going into business [Protective Marking: UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Lewis,

HMRC offer a few options on how to get advice and information to allow you to get your tax affairs right. Here are some options.

E-learning packages
The link to the generic package is attached. It is aimed at people just about to start a business but it can provide refresher information to existing businesses. The programme is kept on a HMRC server and is therefore updated by ourselves. Putting this link on your website should not be a problem.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/courses/syob2/syob2/index.htm
 Tax Widget
This has to be uploaded by yourselves but is issued by another team in HMRC. If you want to see a working example then please follow the link to the "Innospace" website.
 http://www.innospace.co.uk/resources/links/hmrc-tax-tool
 Webinars
 HMRC offer a number of "live" seminars as well as recorded seminars. The range of webinars can be found via the attached link.
 http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/webinars/index.htm

Gwil Jones | Intermediaries Design Manager| Education Partnering Team | Business Customer & Strategy | HMRC | Peter Bennett House | Redvers Close | Leeds | LS16 6RQ | 0113-389-4460 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>